Wow… What a year.
The theme for the year was “Uplifting”. The meaning of that word changed as the year went on… what started as a thought to uplift others, turned into uplifting myself.
– Gregg started his new job as deputy director of public safety, working for Gov. Greitens in Jefferson City.
– I attended my ELDP Offsite in San Antonio, Texas
– Stayed in New Braunfels after the ELDP offsite so that I could attend Great Grandma’s 97th birthday celebration. I went to a Painting night out with Mom and cousins. I got to see my sisters, Alexis and Allison for breakfast (before Allison takes off on her year-long roam the country in her car adventure)
– During the Crossfit Open, I finally got my first Bar Muscle Up. I’ve been wanting this for so long and I got it during a workout, on a Friday night, with so many friends around. Cheering and celebrating my success with me!
– Attended my first (of four) Greater Missouri Leadership Challenge (GMLC) sessions. This was in Jefferson City/Columbia. What an amazing group of women. That first day we were asked to use one word to describe how we were feeling. Mine was “imposter”. All these women were so successful and I was feeling very down on myself and my accomplishments. Many of these strangers are now my friends.
– Gregg updated the 2nd floor bathroom.
– Gregg went to St Louis Cardinals opening day with Gov. Greitens… I went a few days later for Jay Davis memorial night.
– Did Yoga in the back yard and prepared for an amazing trip…
– PR’d a bunch of lifts. Squat: 255#. Clean: 185#. OHS: 175#…. and Deadlift (my favorite lift) at 385#
– Spent one week in Australia!!! It was for work. I only had a day and a half prior to the work week to explore Brisbane. It was beautiful. And I love it. I want to go back!
– Two days after getting home from Australia woke up with some pretty severe leg/back/hip pain. Ended up getting admitted to the hospital and having emergency microdiscectomy for a herniated disc between my L5/S1. This was on Memorial Day weekend. Possibly the scariest moment of my life yet.
– Recovering from back surgery, my mom came up to spend time with me. She and I worked from my home and I am forever appreciative of her support. I had to learn how to use a “reacher” and I could only take walks…. no working out.
– Still recovering from my back surgery, I missed my ELDP graduation (in Oklahoma City) and also missed the 2nd GMLC meeting (in Kansas City). Unable to travel.
– At the ELDP graduation ceremony I was recognized by my peers for “Delivering Results”
– Still recovering from back surgery, but getting a bit more active. Attended the Indian Hills Swim Club luau with the Favre clan.
– Returned to crossfit to workout (scaled, but maybe not scaled enough) with my friend Nikki!
– Took a random mid-week day off and went to FLOAT with Gregg. I loved it. He hated it.
– Gregg spent his birthday in Jefferson City. When he came home that Friday, we went to Russell’s. As we do every friday night.
– Rosalina (same day as Gregg) turned 1 and we celebrated at Barbara & Jack’s on Highfield with the Maxfields. Our present to her was a contribution to her college fund (which ended up being a generic savings plan) and will be a gift we keep giving.
– Gregg started growing his hair out and we went to more ballgames (including the Boeing Box).
– Gregg and I spent a day redoing our basement gym. Painting the walls. Buying more equipment. It’s the best.
– Witnessed a full solar eclipse (for about 1minute) from my backyard. Practically a spiritual experience
– Truly the scariest point in my life, ever, admitted Gregg to the hospital for an emergency surgery. His small intestine ruptured and he was septic. I thought I was going to lose him. I didn’t leave his side unless I had to. Nikki stayed with me during his surgery and his family took care of our house and dogs. Eric came to see Gregg. We were in the hospital for about a week. This was Labor Day weekend.
– Gregg heals much quicker than me… and I was able to leave him (albeit I was nervous) to attend my third GMLC trip in Kirksville. I learned a LOT on this trip about agriculture.
– Gregg was medically cleared literally a few days before he worked some intense stuff in STL for Officer Stockly verdict (several days of protests and some riots). Preventing it from becoming a Ferguson situation.
– Joined the Favre family in the Green Seats at Busch stadium! My first time ever.
– Celebrated the marriage of Andy and Emily in Kansas City. Spending some time with Corby and Sue and really enjoying ourselves even though it was a quick trip.
– Celebrated the marriage of my cousin Kelsey and Steve in New Braunfels! Spending time with my mom, staying at my aunt margie’s house. And got to see Great Grandma again – she’s amazing. Another quick trip. But truly wonderful.
– Spent a week at the Boeing Leadership Center as part of a class for Accelerating Value Integrator Performance (AVIP). This was a 3-4 month long class with several phases.
– Celebrated OUR marriage…. eleven years of love. We went to Russell’s on a Friday night. Because that’s what we do. 🙂
– For my birthday, Gregg spoiled me and bought me an Apple Watch. that evening we went to Eric’s house and had dinner with the Greitens… including S’mores by the fire pit. Nikki sent me a fruit/chocolate basket.
– My back is bothering me lots, so I start Physical Therapy.
– Hosted my second Thanksgiving at our house! This time, I didn’t have my mom to help. I switched up the menu a bit. It’s always fun bringing the china out and feeding people good food.
– Attended my 4th and final (until i go next year to make up the KC trip) GMLC session in STL. I learned quite a bit about large corporations in my own home town.
– Found out that I got a PROMOTION! I was accepted into the Business Leadership Rotation Program (a manager rotation program) that starts in January.
– Traveled to Dallas for work – a face to face with the Financial Planning team
– Back out to the BLC for a week for the BLRP kick off!!
– Travel out to Seattle for final phase of AVIP – out brief of project and tour the 737 production line in Renton
– Got the new iPhone X
– Went to the Missouri Botanical Garden Glow with Nikki, Ryan, and Griffin (the “Clanx” family)
– Got the flu on my first day off of work – missing all of the Christmas Eve festivities. but Gregg finished up shopping, wrapped most of the presents, and even learned how to make the traditional sausage cheese bread! He put his own spin on it with bacon (of course).
– Christmas always makes me feel blessed and thankful. Gregg gave me Tucker socks!
– Did a 6am workout with Nikki. It wasn’t as hard as I thought.
– Tucker has been having more bad days than good, so we had a geriatric consultation with a vet specialist. He’s officially on home hospice care. Where we just focus on managing his pain.
– New Years Eve… made an amazing homemade dinner (i’m actually getting pretty good at pinterest recipes) and watched a movie all snuggled on the couch. At the stroke of midnight we were all in our bedroom… snuggling the pups.