I’m not much for New Year’s Resolutions. But I do enjoy setting New Year’s Goals for myself. So…let’s check in on my 2013 Goals and set some new ones for 2014!
I did not do so great on my 2013 goals. But, the year threw me some curve balls and I was literally physically unable to do many of them. I will not let that discourage me.
- do 1 unassisted pull up << DONE!!! In fact, I got 10 kipping pull ups. (Now on to a Strict Pullup, See 2014 Goals)
- handstand walk << Nope… not yet
- run 1 mile in 7:30min <<< Nope… dang ACL
- run half marathon (?) <<<< Triple Nope
- blog 20x per month << Nope. My best months were Jan/Feb @11 each. Worst months were May/Dec @2 each
- take more pictures << Check! Subscribing to the iCloud has helped free up much more room on my phone for more pictures!
- volunteer 1x per month << Negative. I did 3 volunteer projects. That’s not even 1 a quarter!
- be free of credit card debt (so close!) << Hip-Hip-Hoorah! Yes, this one is done. And baby it feels so good.
- save $xxx << i have a specific number, just not putting it out here << Nope. A drastic reduction in income and extra medical expenses stood in the way here.
And now… time for my 2014 Goals…..
- do 3 strict pull ups (this should be done by 34th birthday!)
- do 1 Muscle Up (also, to be done by 34th birthday!)
- get 50+ double unders. (pre surgery i was at 47. now, post surgery i’m at 8)
- deadlift bodyweight x1.5 (pre surgery my 2 Rep Max was 170lbs)
- get back to running (comfortably with knee…maybe a 5k?)
- try yoga a few more times (bikram sounds awesome)
- and most importantly….. NO MAJOR INJURIES!!!!
Personal: (let’s try some of these again – with a slightly lower bar!)
- blog 10x per month
- volunteer 1x per quarter
- complete the 365grateful project for myself
- get mail organized and keep it that way
- save 2+ month’s salary
- take a girls trip with my mom and/or visit family
- make more dinner/lunch dates with friends & other couple friends